Yesterday in China online buyers did not sleep. The results:14,3 billion in sales during the Singles´ Day show the purchasing power of China.
● 120,000 estimated orders per minute on 2015 Singles’ Day
● 68% of purchases are made via mobile phones
● More than 27 million purchases came via mobile devices in the first hour.
● Expecting to ship 20 million parcels on this Singles’ Day
● Expect to handle 120,000 orders and 60,000 payments at peak per second
● More than $1 billion was bought within the first eight minutes
● $2 billion in sales in the first 17 minutes and 29 seconds
● $3.9 billion in sales in the first hour
● After the first 90 minutes, that number had swelled to $5 billion
● 12 hours time taken to beat 2014 whole-day record of $9.3 billion
● $14.3 billion in sales in whole singles day of 2015
● 232 countries and regions take participate in transactions of this Singles’ Day
The total sales volume on Singles’ Day grows more than 11 times from 2011 to 2014. And the whole-day sales in 2015’s event is up to $14.33 billion which grows more than 17 times comparing with the day of 2011. It also far eclipses the $5.6 billion (£3.6 billion) spent by Americans on Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.